NHS Student Bursary Estimate Calculator
- Is for the purpose of obtaining an award estimate only.
- Assumes that you will be personally eligible for an award. (Please note that your final eligibility for a NHS bursary and your bursary entitlement can only be confirmed once you have submitted a bursary application form).
- Uses NHS Bursary rates which apply solely to the 2012/2013 academic year.
The bursary calculator cannot be used to calculate or determine:
- Your personal eligibility for a bursary;
- Bursary Awards for students on part-time courses (Part-time students should contact our helpline on 0845 358 6655 for further information);
- Bursary Awards for students who commenced courses prior to 1 September 2007;
- Your entitlement to the NHS Bursary Childcare Allowance. (Instead, please refer here: Question 12, to view the Childcare Guidance booklet for further information).
- Bursary awards for students undertaking 'other health professional, degree level courses' who are not single parents who have shares / dividends / rental income / other unearned income.
Students are advised NOT to make any financial commitments based on this bursary estimate. The NHS Business Services Authority cannot accept responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result;
Students and prospective students should not rely on current NHS Bursary rules and allowances when planning for subsequent academic years, as these may be subject to review in the future and as a result may be liable to change;
The Department of Health and NHS Student Bursaries cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of any type however suffered by students who have relied on current rules and allowances in altering their circumstances (including but not limited to financial circumstances), whether for the current academic year, academic year to begin or indeed for any subsequent academic years.